LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to parse a string for use in a lookup table?

Solved!
Go to solution

@crossrulz wrote:

I would probably use String To Byte Array.  You can then Autoindex on the array of bytes and use Index Array to get your values.  This assumes you have an array with the possible values to index in the first place.

Did you read the other replies?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(822 Views)

@James.M wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

I would probably use String To Byte Array.  You can then Autoindex on the array of bytes and use Index Array to get your values.  This assumes you have an array with the possible values to index in the first place.

Did you read the other replies?

Yeah, but not until after I had it all typed up and then got distracted by the kid before posting.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(816 Views)

How do I write a non-boolean value to a key? The one in the palette only has boolean values, and it says I'm not allowed to drop the INI vi onto my block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(812 Views)

The VI is polymorphic, so wire a string (or whatever) and it should change.

Your polymorphic options are Boolean, Double, I32, Path, String, or U32 for the values. Otherwise, you can use the Flatten to String function to save a string and then convert back later, or use the OpenG add-on to do a variant type.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(800 Views)