LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice to use Tortoise SVN with LV

Can anyone recommend what is the best practice to use and structure the project using TSVN with LV? I have seen the jki tool and have also read about some issues of linkage when using TSVN with LV as posted on the forum here. I suppose these linkage issues still exists? Other than perforce is there any suggestion on source control that integrates well with LV?

TIA

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,750 Views)

Hi,

I've already searched on web the best (free !) way to link Labview and SVN, and the only way I found is the non free JKI tool...

I'm interrested in others solution if they exist !

Best regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,745 Views)

We use Tortoise SVN with LV and it works very good. It's not integrated in that i cannot from within LV check in and out stuff, i have to do that in the Explorer. That's not a problem to me.

SVN is a very good source and version control regardless.

One small issue with external handling is if you want to change an already used and active filename. In LV you can save to another filename and references will update, but ofcourse SVN doesn't pick up on that automagically. There are two solutions to this:

1. When you check in, you'll get 1 added and 1 deleted file, select both, r-click and "Repair move".

2. After changing the filename in LV, change it back in explorer and r-click the file for a SVN rename and rename it to the new name.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 3 of 3
(2,727 Views)