From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to analyse these logistic growth-like pulses.

My ultimate objective is to get the avg amount of time needed for these pulses to reach a steady-state (past the “knee” portion and into the horizontal/flat region)…see jpeg for reference.

Originally, I was trying to differentiate “y” values to get the region where slope turns to approx zero. However it is not as simple as my data is about 5Hz and the increment is very little between data points (almost stair like pattern) that the differentiation function gives me basically zero all the way.

I am thinking of resorting to brute-force method to calculate a running slope (Y/x) of data points of each region. However, there’s got to be a better way to do this using signal processing/math VIs. Anyone care to show me how to unleash the power of LabVIEW?

Thanks,

FOSCT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,988 Views)

Hello FightOnSCTrojan

I do not think there is a VI in LabVIEW capable of achieve that functionality as what you are looking for is a "steady state detection algorithm".

I found this example but the block diagram is password protected, I wonder why??

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1117

Regards

Mart G

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,956 Views)