LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner I need help

I'm new to LabView and need some help with a program that I must write. For now all I would like to learn is how to light an LED on the front panel using a push button switch. Second, I would like to learn how to generate a wave form graph on the front panel. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,427 Views)
Hi B-MuRpH,

what about the 'Getting started' manual that comes with LabView?
What about all those examples, accessible from the start window of LabView?
What about a seminar/course given by (experienced) LabView engineers?
In case you work at a University: what about a course for students?

In short: RTFM!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,409 Views)
Also go through links given on this page
Message 3 of 5
(2,409 Views)
B-Murph-

The above comments are right on the mark, you need to invest some time (a few minutes even) in learning LabVIEW and walking through some examples before asking questions. You will find that there are a number of resources available in the LabVIEW documentation and online. In addition the the above mentioned starting places, check out the following link for tons of good "Learning LabVIEW" tools available, specifically the free LabVIEW introduction Courses (they are online courses and cover lots of the basics)

http://www.ni.com/academic/lv_training/how_learn_lv.htm
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,372 Views)

Believe me, I did invest time to try and find the help. I looked at several sights. I spent several hours with the LabView help but I couldn't find anything. This forum was a last resort. I didn't know what I was looking for so i guess I wasn't looking in the right places. Anyway, today someone showed me physically how to do it and I get and I find it pretty easy. Well, thank you anyway for your time and help

Regards,

B-Murph

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,358 Views)