LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bearing Fault Prognosis

I had done bearing fault detection using kurtosis and Root Mean Square values of vibration signals . Thanks to the Lab View examples and resources !! I would like expand my study to prognosis, to calculate the remaining useful life .I would like to know how should i start doing so.Is there any resources or help to do so. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,831 Views)

To "predict the future" (do prognosis), you need a Next Generation LabVIEW (that's a Joke, I'm definitely not serious here).

The question isn't "LabVIEW", it is understanding what bearing vibration means, and what it indicates as to the future history of the bearing.  What you'd need to know is how bearing vibration evolves with time -- if it stays the same for a year, then probably that's "inherent" vibration that has no bearing (no pun intended) on bearing life, while if it increases by a factor of 1% per day, I'd say you should consider replacing it (but that's also a "non-scientific" opinion off the top of my head).  Nevertheless, a long-term study of bearing vibration and its evolution might be very helpful in coming up with a "Prognosis Algorithm".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,798 Views)

I am sorry ,i also found that,the value of kurtosis and Root mean square  was higher for a severe defect (increases with severity),so i was looking for a tool that would help me to find the remaining useful life using the above indicators.

Varghese

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,791 Views)