LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basler Camera not responding on the longer run.

Hello,

I have connected my Basler camera "Basler acA2500-14 gc" with resolution 2590x1942 which is ethernet based.

I have integrated the same with Labview for image grabbing purpose.

But when i run the system for a longer time(more than 8 hours) the camera stops working, it seems like it gets hang.

Everytime i need to unplug and plug the power back again.

Can anyone provide some solution on it

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,572 Views)

Hi Aakash,

can you give us a bit more insight? Maybe attach your VI? It's hard to tell with your error description and without additional information.

My money is on some sort of memory issue in your code, but that's just a wild guess at this point.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,532 Views)

It is difficult to attach vi as it is a part of a complete system

I can provide the following information to you:

1. Camera is triggered by Lab view at a interval of every 2 sec i.e, in every 2 sec it capture a picture.
  2. The system runs normal before the error.
  3. The image becomes green and camera becomes unresponsive after the issue until and unless the camera gets a power cycle.
  4. The issue is very random as sometimes it came after 2 hours also.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,528 Views)

Do you have a diagnostics loop which is monitoring memory and CPU? Exactly how you do that will depend on the hardware you are running your application on, however if you are using a RT embedded target this article might be useful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,513 Views)

When you say "it is part of a complete system", I presume you mean the code is part of a LabVIEW Project.  If the Project files are all in the same folder, compress the Folder and attach the resulting .zip file, being sure to tell us which file has the Camera functions.

If your images are 8-bit Gray Scale (one byte/pixel), you are generating 9 GB of data per hour, which has to go somewhere!  If they are color, the files are 4 times larger.  You may be simply running out of disk space, or you may have other forms of "resource starvation" -- without seeing what you are doing, it is difficult to provide much help.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,510 Views)

Do you monitor errors, what error does it give?!! Green image is not a troubleshooting information!!!

Timeout, resource not found, out of memory - different reasons will lead to the same empty picture. In many cases restarting camera and reconnecting to it will reset it's resources, clean up and "fix" the problem. 

If it is out of memory, you are not cleaning data read.

If it is connection failure:

Do they have control utility, what will it say after you quit Labview, but do not restart camera? Try to restart PC, but do not restart camera. I would say this will indicate PC side problem. For example you open connection and close it for every frame (every 2s), or do not close it at all (that is why we need VI!).

Is camera connected to local network or directly to PC? Make it work network or disable firewall for this connection.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,500 Views)