LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Averaged DC-RMS for N Chan

I need to use the Basic Average DC-RMS for N Chan to process my signal. However I have the base version of labview and this function is not available. I am looking for an option of a subVI to do the same but using functions available in base version of Labview.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,283 Views)

What do you think "Basic Averaged DC-RMS for N Chan" does?  Sounds like it has N Channels of data (maybe "rows in an array" where there are a certain number of samples/row (maybe individual elements of these arrays).  I wonder what "Averaged DC" might mean?  And what does "RMS" stand for?  If I knew that, could I compute it?

Have you ever taken an Engineering course where you talked about signals, sampled at equally-spaced intervals and giving you an array of values?  If you don't know these very common terms, you could "look it up" (try the Web).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,258 Views)

It receives a DC Voltage signal and the output is the RMS (root mean square) voltage value. 

I attached my VI, i need to change the DC to RMS Voltage box to something I can handle with the base version og labview.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,228 Views)

@jhoyos wrote:

I attached my VI, i need to change the DC to RMS Voltage box to something I can handle with the base version og labview.

It is really too bad that NI puts the Dreaded DAQ Assistant, which uses the confusing "non-LabVIEW" Dynamic Data Wire, in such a prominent place that tricks LabVIEW neophytes into using them.  I made one change -- I changed the Dynamic Data Wire to a much-easier DAQmx-like 1D Array of Waveforms.  With this, a single For loop, and two Index Array functions (only one of which I put in this Snippet), you can get the 7 DC indicators (shown) and the 7 RMS indicators (left as a trivial exercise for the Reader).  I delete the rest of your code from this Snippet ...Banish the Dynamic Data WireBanish the Dynamic Data Wire

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,221 Views)