From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Averaged DC-RMS for N Chan

I need to use the Basic Average DC-RMS for N Chan to process my signal. However I have the base version of labview and this function is not available. I am looking for an option of a subVI to do the same but using functions available in base version of Labview.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,271 Views)

What do you think "Basic Averaged DC-RMS for N Chan" does?  Sounds like it has N Channels of data (maybe "rows in an array" where there are a certain number of samples/row (maybe individual elements of these arrays).  I wonder what "Averaged DC" might mean?  And what does "RMS" stand for?  If I knew that, could I compute it?

Have you ever taken an Engineering course where you talked about signals, sampled at equally-spaced intervals and giving you an array of values?  If you don't know these very common terms, you could "look it up" (try the Web).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,246 Views)

It receives a DC Voltage signal and the output is the RMS (root mean square) voltage value. 

I attached my VI, i need to change the DC to RMS Voltage box to something I can handle with the base version og labview.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,216 Views)

@jhoyos wrote:

I attached my VI, i need to change the DC to RMS Voltage box to something I can handle with the base version og labview.

It is really too bad that NI puts the Dreaded DAQ Assistant, which uses the confusing "non-LabVIEW" Dynamic Data Wire, in such a prominent place that tricks LabVIEW neophytes into using them.  I made one change -- I changed the Dynamic Data Wire to a much-easier DAQmx-like 1D Array of Waveforms.  With this, a single For loop, and two Index Array functions (only one of which I put in this Snippet), you can get the 7 DC indicators (shown) and the 7 RMS indicators (left as a trivial exercise for the Reader).  I delete the rest of your code from this Snippet ...Banish the Dynamic Data WireBanish the Dynamic Data Wire

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,209 Views)