From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode

Dear all,

I want to configure the ifm barcode scanner in LabVIEW program,does any one configured these type of scanner please share the vi to me for the reference purpose or else please give some input to configure the scanner .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,389 Views)

Hi guys I am kamal i have to configure the ifm barcode scanner in the LabVIEW program, please help me to configure the barcode scanner.if any vi file is there please send me for reference

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,295 Views)

Those barcode scanners usually come in two flavors.

1) as a keyboard input device.

2) as a serial device.

Some can be configured as 1) or 2).

If it's 1), set a string to have focus, and the scans will end up in the string.

If it's 2) use VISA to get the data.

"ifm barcode scanner" isn't enough for us to know what you have...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,264 Views)

I have attached the scanner image,hope it has the sufficient details,i need to read the barcode by TCP/IP connection , do you have any vi for barcode scanning .

16230635295124810267271626309693.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,261 Views)

'A' barcode scanner VI won't work. You'll need a VI specifically for this device.

For reference, here's the programmers guide.

Looking at it, you probably end up with more then one VI...

The C# or Python examples would be helpful, but they require a log in.

I won't be able to make anything with just that programmers guide. It's really only a reference, and it doesn't really describe how to use it. Without having the device, it will be hard to make it work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,247 Views)

Hello friend,

Thanks for your input, i know it is hard,but i will try to fix it . For reference purpose only i asked the vi, i have not asked exact block diagram. Any way once again thankyou very much.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,242 Views)