From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG in option "save in previous - older versions"

Hello All. I've just found a little bug that occurs when I want to save a program I did in LV2013, to LV2009 version, by using the option "file->save in previous version"

The wire labels, that are not supported by LV2009, are not removed during the save process. consequently, when trying to open your new 2009 compatible project, you obtain a beautiful crash notifyng window, like "labview just crashed, do you want to send a report"

by manually removing the wire labels, the conversion seems to work well. Developpers, can you fix it?

regards.

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,694 Views)

It's quite a jump from 2013 back to 2009.  Have you tried to make smaller jumps?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,669 Views)

4 years.... it's not such a large gap! In 2009 I was just at university. Smiley Happy

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,617 Views)

@Pierre_F wrote:

it's not such a large gap!

The following movies were release in 2009:

The Blindside

Twilight New Moon

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Also 2009 in when Michael Jackson died.

Not sure if this helps get a feeling for time or not but software moves quickly.  

If this is a bug, it should be addressed, but I'm not sure I agree that 2009 was just yesterday.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,604 Views)

I was thinking maybe you could save it in LV 2012 and then save it to 2009 since 2012 was the first time the wire label was implemented.  You might have a better shot at backwards compatibility.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,579 Views)