LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG? No update on table indicator highligth

If you use the table as indicator and move the mouse over it (or click on it) , the value shown is not updated.

HighligthNoUpdate.pngHighligthNoUpdateBD.png

run the vi and play 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,835 Views)

What VI Henrik - you've not attached a snippet or VI?

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,821 Views)

I am not sure if this is a LabVIEW problem because I don't think the tool tip(?) pop-up is ever auto updated if you hold it open.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,811 Views)

@James_W wrote:

What VI Henrik - you've not attached a snippet or VI?

James

sorry , here is the vi

well, it looks like the tooltip and maybe use the same code, but it's part of the indicator to show content outside the field (no tooltip activated).

I monitored a lot of parameters and to inspect a change in a certain cell .. this didn't work.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,765 Views)

I think its by design the way it is. It updates if you move and then hover over again.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,763 Views)

@thols wrote:

I think its by design the way it is. It updates if you move and then hover over again.

Shure, but that wasn't what I expected.  

It's not a bug, it's a (hidden) feature 😉  😕

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,761 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

I am not sure if this is a LabVIEW problem because I don't think the tool tip(?) pop-up is ever auto updated if you hold it open.

It is updated:

Tipstrip2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,727 Views)

Changing the panel bounds seems to update the tip strip in the table:

Update tip strip 2.png

EDIT: I'm sure this one comes with a, yet unknown, list of side effects.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,721 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:

@thols wrote:

Shure, but that wasn't what I expected.  

It's not a bug, it's a (hidden) feature 😉  😕

I don't know. I'd probably get pretty mad if I hovered over something. Started reading about it (reading the tip strip) and the text changed mid way through me reading about it. I'd go nut's.
I think the design is correct. if you hover over the table, you get a tip-strip with the instantaneous value (which is very useful for reading values on a fast changing data set. - I fact I can recall using it as a system debug technique before now I think about it when updating a table with live data from a raw DAQ stream and hovering over the cell I wanted to look at as the last 6dp changed but that was back in about 2012!)

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,716 Views)