LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] LabVIEW 2022 Q3 cursor on context menus and palettes

Cursor does not change to the default pointer when over context menus or controls/functions palette. It will stay whatever it was when right clicking. For instance, if you right click a string control and the text edit cursor is showing you will be browsing the menu with that cursor. 

Download All
Message 1 of 6
(1,378 Views)

Why does LV 2022 seem like a regression?  Not an excellent start to the first version to "feature" the new subscription model.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,323 Views)

Don't worry, same bug exists in 2023 Q1. It's here to stay:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,258 Views)

@billko wrote:

Why does LV 2022 seem like a regression?  Not an excellent start to the first version to "feature" the new subscription model.

It could be an unexpected result of a fix. Making software can be hard, and these kind of things cannot easily be (unit) tested. A (better) beta testing program would have caught this.

@ShockHouse wrote:

As the bug has been reported only a few days before the LV23 launch, I don't expect it to be fixed in that release.

Too bad, because the bug is very confronting.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,231 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@billko wrote:

It could be an unexpected result of a fix. Making software can be hard, and these kind of things cannot easily be (unit) tested. A (better) beta testing program would have caught this.

@ShockHouse wrote:

As the bug has been reported only a few days before the LV23 launch, I don't expect it to be fixed in that release.

Too bad, because the bug is very confronting.

Oh, yes.  Don't get me wrong.  I completely understand that every change you introduce, whether it be a new feature or a bug fix, has the potential to break something.  I was commenting on the unfortunate timing.  Just when they are trying to convince LabVIEW users to embrace the subscription model, this happens.  Or maybe it's NI's way of saying, "We need your continuous subscription dollars to fix this stuff."

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,217 Views)