From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: LV install destroys existing RabbitMQ-installation

Solved!
Go to solution

So, i have an existing RabbitMQ-installation that i use in a project.

I installed LV and the RabbitMQ-service didn't start and i could no longer access the web-UI.

Trying to get it to work again i've noticed the environment variable RABBITMQ_BASE is changed to "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Skyline\RabbitMQ"

Resetting that the service starts again, but the management UI is still broken.

This was in LV2020 beta but i suspect it affects more versions.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,244 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yamaeda

Seems like a similar issue here. Does the proposed solution help?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,195 Views)

Well, this is rather the other way around. The LV installation looked like it worked fine, but my previous (existing) RabbitMQ stopped working. Removing RabbitMQ also removes Web service, but i'll see if it makes a difference.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,180 Views)

Thanks for the link @thols, by uninstalling the RabbitMQ-component in LV i could reinstall my old one and get the other project running. I don't quite know how this will affect LV, but currently that's not a big issue. LV doesn't play nice in this case. 🙂

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,143 Views)

Unfortunately, you cannot have multiple version of RabbitMQ on the same system.  FlexLogger, LabVIEW, NXG, SystemLink and many other NI applications moving forward will leverage it for interprocess communication between our applications and services, so you will probably need to host your other application on a different system or modify your existing usage of it to leverage the RabbitMQ configuration NI is using.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,113 Views)

Or can you instead use the RabbitMQ installed with NI products, Yamaeda?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,093 Views)