LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Compile Clear

Solved!
Go to solution

LV2011, though i suspect it happens on a lot more versions.

LV Clears the target location of a Build _after_ the compile itself, which just so happened to take 20 mins just to fail ... R-clicking the Build and selecting Clear also failed, thus it was some sort of file access error. I could clear the target manually and then succeed with the Build.

Errors like this should ofcourse happen immidiatly as to not waste time and the solution is easy, Clear in the beginning of the Build.

I'd call it a Bug, or very stupid design, take your pick. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,607 Views)

Hah!  I never tried the "clear" option (always manually deleted the target) just because i was afraid of something exactly like this.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 3
(2,572 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yamaeda

@Yamaeda wrote:

LV2011, I could clear the target manually and then succeed with the Build.

Errors like this should ofcourse happen immidiatly as to not waste time and the solution is easy, Clear in the beginning of the Build.

I'd call it a Bug, or very stupid design, take your pick. 🙂

/Y

Call it a bug.  In fact, a known issue with 2011.  One I even reported to the monthly bug thread way back with a CAR generated by a SR from my SSP.  You did find the correct work around! Manually clear the build before rebuilding.  For 2012 and 2013 I would need to dig.  I personally know it was fixed by 2014 initial release.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 3
(2,561 Views)