LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Application Builder fails if the target window is open

Okay I hate coming up with work around because I worry NI sees this as reason to stop investigating.  But I do have a Pre Build VI that has allowed me to continue to build in 2014 and 2015 in all almost all cases.

What the Pre build VI does is looks at the output folder, if it exists and contains an EXE that isn't setup.exe, then it will rename the output folder to have the version name in it.  This also generates a unique name if that folder and version already exist.  If the output exists but is empty, it will delete it, and if the output exists and has setup.exe, or other files and no EXE then it does nothing.  This might be because the build was for something like an LLB.

So if you already are looking at the Builds folder, and you make a build, it will rename that folder using the Windows DLL call, making any open explorer windows look at the new named folder, then the build makes a new folder and works just fine.  The only edge case is if during the build you open a new window, and look at the partially build folder.  That isn't generally how I ran into trouble so this fixes my issues.  For me I would make a build, then open an explorer window to run and test the EXE.  Then I would realize there was an issue so I'd fix the VI and rebuild leaving the old window open.  This should fix those situations.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(1,039 Views)