LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD with labview 2009 sp1 on windows xp on dual core intel computer stop code F4

I have 14 test stations with the Labview runtime engine installed.   These stations run 24 hours a day, or are supposed to,   Every week, on average, one of the computers gets a blue screen of death, with a stop code of F4.  It seems fairly random which computer it is.

Some other details:

Labview version 2009 sp1, and visa 5.02 installed

The computers are brand new Intel D510MO computers, with wester digital solid state hard drives. (Fanless)

XP service pack 3.

The computers aren't overheating, The ram is good, to power is stable and filtered.

The computers seem to run fine without ni software installed.

The only other thing installed is a serial port driver for a usb serial port converted.

We've caught one blue screen with no Labview executable running.

I've run a batch to turn off all non-essential Labview services, but it still seems to happen.

I've been working this problem for months.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,901 Views)

John@ge wrote:

I have 14 test stations with the Labview runtime engine installed.   These stations run 24 hours a day, or are supposed to,   Every week, on average, one of the computers gets a blue screen of death, with a stop code of F4.  It seems fairly random which computer it is.

Some other details:

We've caught one blue screen with no Labview executable running.

I've run a batch to turn off all non-essential Labview services, but it still seems to happen.

I've been working this problem for months.  Any ideas?

If I am reading this correctly you have ruled out your LabVIEW program as the cause and you think it is one of the non-essential services. Which ones are still running?

Have you looked in the Windows error logs?

Edit: I forgot to add the link I was going to give you.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,900 Views)

It is my strong suspicion that it is not Laview code, since it doesn't seem to correlate to any of the 5 programs that are on these stations, or how long they are on or running.  In at least one case we had a restart with nothing running, except the front panel was showing, but not executing.

The services that seem to be required, or that start themselves include:

National Instruments PSP Server Locator

PXI Resource Manager

NI System web Server

NI Configuration Manger.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,896 Views)

Have you looked in the event viewer to see the info about the crash?  Usually they will give you more than one error code.  They'll add the function call, which will help (maybe) point you in the right diretcion.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,894 Views)

Yes I have.  The events in the event viewer are identicle to pulling the power plug.  The startup sequence is identicle.  Also, windows does not create a dump file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,882 Views)

Could it be a SSD disk problem ?

Some SSD disks can cause this problem. One thing you can try is to replace the disk with a standard disk.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,876 Views)

It could be.  I will try this.  It is not isolated to just one drive.  They are Western Digital SSC-D0064SC-2100, which as far as I can tell has got good reviews.  It doesn't seem to cause wide spread blue screens.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,871 Views)