LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD: nipcibrd.sys SECURE_PCI_CONFIG_SPACE_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I get a BSOD: nipcibrd.sys SECURE_PCI_CONFIG_SPACE_ACCESS_VIOLATION when booting after installing NI-VISA 2022Q3 on my Surface 5 laptop with Windows 11 Pro.

I first experienced the problem after installing LV2023Q1, then reproduced with LV2022Q3. Installing LV without drivers did not cause the BSOD, but then I installed NI-VISA and the laptop crashed again after a reboot.

If I do not create a restore point I have to reinstall Windows to get it working. Uninstalling NI-VISA from safe mode does not recover the laptop

LabView support suggest to disable virtualization in the BIOS. But there is no option for that.

I am lost. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,170 Views)

Same problem here after installing the NI-DAQmx driver (2023 Q1) in a brand new ThinkPad L13 G3 laptop (AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5875U CPU) with Windows 11 Enterprise. The only solution was to reinstall Windows. Disabling AMD virtualization did not help the computer boot, and anyway it's a capability I require.

PXL_20230222_014132373.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,093 Views)

Did you reinstall Windows 11? Or did you go back to Windows 10?

I have reinstalled Windows 11 at least 4 times. Disabling all I can find related to virtualization in Windows, but I still get the BSOD when I install NI-VISA 2022Q3.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,059 Views)

Sorry, I recovered the computer reinstalling Windows 11, but indeed NI drivers cause BSOD again. I have now installed them in an older Intel ThinkPad and they works correctly even though it's using the same Windows 11 version...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,997 Views)

I'm getting this on a Framework 13 with i5-1340p processor. Disabling Intel (VMX) Virtualization Technology in the bios allowed it to boot, but isn't a permanent solution since I use VMs all the time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,307 Views)

I found another thread that had a better workaround for me, uninstalling nipcibrd, since I don't use it. But it takes some tricks to keep from uninstalling things that I do need. https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-disable-the-nipcibrd-sys-driver-to-prevent-hibernation/m-p/4...

This lets me re-enable virtualization

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,265 Views)

Any one know any solutions, without uninstalling the PCI bridge driver (since I need it)?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,200 Views)

I hit this when installing FRC game tools (https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/drivers/download.frc-game-tools.html#479842) on a new ThinkPad (P1 Gen 6); no problems on a year-old ThinkPad (X1 Extreme Gen 5). If this becomes a common issue with newer hardware, FRC teams are in for a bad time unless this bug gets fixed or the installer is modified to remove unnecessary dependencies.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,768 Views)

I would like to suggest 2 approaches:

1. If they are not concern on security, quickest workaround is to go into BIOS and try disable Biometric security. 
  2. Please check if you have PXI Platform Services installed. If yes, I would suggest to try install latest PXI PS 2023 Q3 (https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/drivers/download.pxi-platform-services.html#487409) to see if the problem is resolved. 
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,679 Views)

Upgrading to PXI Platform Services 2023 Q4 worked for me. 2023 Q2 did not. I did not try 2023 Q3.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,512 Views)