From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BNC-2110 compatible with Windows 10?

Hello, I am very new to LabVIEW and National Instruments products, so I apologize if this is a silly question. I am in possession of a BNC-2110 device and was wondering if that is compatible with Windows 10, and if so, what other things do I need to purchase to make it work?

Thank you so much for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,876 Views)

This is a connector block for a data acquisition card. The BNC-2110 really is just a box with connectors. Here you can see that it interfaces to a X Series, M Series, E Series,  or S Series NI data acquisition card. So do you have such a card?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,873 Views)

Thank you, I have an M Series daq but it is in a Windows 7 computer. Are there Windows 10 computers that will accept an M Series data acquisition card? The Windows 10 computer we have here does not have space for it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,818 Views)

That's actually two different issues.

Whether an operating system can work with a particular card depends on the drivers the card needs compared against the drivers being compatible with the operating system.

Whether a card fits in to particular computer is a physical hardware problem.  Whether it is based on space available, or having the right kind of connector inside.

Which M series card do you have?  What PC do you have?

If there is no space for the card, it sounds like you need to buy a bigger PC!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,812 Views)

As RavensFan already mentioned it is not which Windows version you have on your computer that determines if you can use your M series card. These plugin cards come with various bus interfaces, the M series were typically available as PCI, and PXI cards. Possibly a few of the latest models might have been available as PCIe. And yes it's past tense, NI currently only sells PXI and PXIe variants of these devices anymore.

It is pretty hard to find computers nowadays which still have a PCI slot, if you have desktops computers they might have PCIe slots, but your M Series card is likely not a PCIe card.

PXI(e) is anyhow not very likely; that is an interface used in industrial applications with a special PXI chassis and the hardware costs are generally considerably higher.

So what you will need to do is to determine the type of interface your M series card has and find a computer that allows to plug it in (pretty hard for PCI cards nowadays) or find a computer that has at least a PCIe slot available and buy a new DAQ card from NI to insert into that computer. It won't be an M series card but the newer boards usually have a similar connector as the M series, although you also may need to purchase a new cable to go between the new DAQ card and the BNC box as the connector on the DAQ card may change too.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,802 Views)