LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BG-color not working correctly in case-structure?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello LV community,

I have an indicator back ground that I want to turn red when a certain value is surpassed and stay that way for the remainder of the VI execution. If the value is not surpassed the BG color will remain green.

I've made a simple case structure that I thought should handle this, but instead the BG is green with red sort of covering it and the red BG will not go away even if the indicator value is not surpassed.

What am I missing here? Thanks for your help

VI attached.

Maxtempbusted.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,051 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LabNoob14

You are using a different property than for "locations 1", so start looking into that.

Also, since the property node is the same in both cases, only the color belongs inside the case, right? (even better, use a "select" node). Why do you think you need to duplicate the property node?

Message 2 of 8
(3,044 Views)

@LabNoob14 wrote:

Hello LV community,

I have an indicator back ground that I want to turn red when a certain value is surpassed and stay that way for the remainder of the VI execution. If the value is not surpassed the BG color will remain green.

I've made a simple case structure that I thought should handle this, but instead the BG is green with red sort of covering it and the red BG will not go away even if the indicator value is not surpassed.

What am I missing here? Thanks for your help

VI attached.

Maxtempbusted.PNG

There are TWO properties named the same thing, but in slightly different places on the property node.  I can't remember which is which, but you chose the wrong one.  Thanks a lot, NI.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,020 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LabNoob14

You are using the right property, but your font currently has a background color too, make sure it's transparent. (also change the other node to the correct property).

BGColor.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,012 Views)

Ah yes, it was using (Numeric text.Colors:BG Colors) and should have been using (Numeric text. Text Colors:BG Colors) That made all the difference.

I put only the Color boxes in the case structure to a single property node, works much better now.

I don't know where I can find "Select" Node.

I don't think I need to duplicate property nodes anymore.

THanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,999 Views)

@LabNoob14 wrote:

Ah yes, it was using (Numeric text.Colors:BG Colors) and should have been using (Numeric text. Text Colors:BG Colors) That made all the difference.

No, (Numeric text.Colors:BG Colors) is correct. Make sure that (Numeric text. Text Colors:BG Colors) is transparent. See my example above.

@LabNoob14 wrote:

I don't know where I can find "Select" Node.

Look in the comparison palette.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,993 Views)

Is "transparent" a setting your supposed to check? Or just make sure nothing is checked in the menu. Because I don't see any option for transparency

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,982 Views)

Transparency is just one of the colors (look for a "T" in the upper right corner of the color tool). By default, text background is transparent, so there is nothing to do.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,978 Views)