From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2901A current sweep mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi. I tried to change the currnet 1.0A to 1.5A not a 1.0 -> 0 -> 1.5A

I think it works normally when voltage does not exceed 6V, however if the voltage over 6volts then, It doesn't work.

1. Initialize -> false (when the reset process added, then the current go to zero ampere) -> if the voltage doesn't exceed 6V it works. (1A to 1.5A)

2. Initialize -> True (when the reset process added, then the current go to zero ampere so I can't use this option) -> if the voltage exceed 6V it works.

3. Initialize -> False (the reset process was do not work, then the current  move from 1A to 1.5A) -> the voltage exceed 6V. This shown error message.

I need 3... Can anywon tell me how?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,644 Views)

the error message

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,643 Views)

If you are doing this in LabVIEW post your code.  Most likely you are setting the current range to 1.0A in code, perhaps without knowingly doing it by leaving out a terminal connection.  Then, when you try to set the output to 1.5A, but the max range is 1.0A you will get an error.  Initializing or Reseting to default values might get you the 3A range, which would allow 1.0A or 1.5A to be set just fine.  Later operations might change things but we need to peek at the code to be sure.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,564 Views)

Hi, First of all thank your kind answer!

Yeah I think so that can be the solution to my question.

actually, I tried to change the default current compliance(Probably now is 1 A) 1A to 1.5A

but, I don't know how to change it.

I tried to change source range 0 to 3 (from labview) 1 is small 2 is 0.5A 3 is 1 A but there is anyother options to choose 1.5A or 3A (b2901A max current is 3A) 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,556 Views)

Try something like this...

set_current_range2.png

This should allow you to see if the Current Range or Voltage Compliance is your issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,540 Views)

Thanks for kind answer.

1. possible

It works, only that needed voltage didn't exceed 6V

2. impossible

I need 1.5 ~ 1.8 A but, the needed voltage exceed 6V so it doesn't work.

3. Copliance voltage to 8V

It shows the error message.

(I know that B2901A limit votlage and current were 200V, 3 A.)

Where am I programming wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nanospin

That meter has a voltage/current sourcing limit.   In your "possible.png" your measuring 5.99V while sourcing 1.5A.  A small increase in current will increase the voltage, but since the voltage is out of range the meter will throw an error.  See the manual diagram below.  Best you can do is 3A/<6V or 1.5A/<21V.  You can't go 1.8A at >6V.  You will need a different SMU for that.

b2902_SSquad.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,513 Views)

Thank you so much.

1.8A was approved without going through the lab view... It seems that it was outputting that it was not approved. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,503 Views)