cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B&K 1704 signal conditioner and NI 782602 connection

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I need to read the sound and get SPL and have NI 782602-01 DAQ, B&K 2671 Mic, and B&K 1704 signal conditioner but don't know how to connect the signal conditioner output and DAQ. Is there anyone experienced with such a setup before? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(791 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author obscure

Please mention the model (USB‑6000) instead of Part Number (782602-01).

USB-6000 is not a great choice for sound capture, any instrument of 44xx series would be the best choice for sound capture.

Why it is not a great choice?

1. Single-ended analog inputs (prone to common mode noise)
  2. Maximum sample rate is 10kS/s (by Nyquist theorem, you can capture only upto 5kHz signal)
  3. Sampling resolution is 100ppm of sampling rate - this means the frequency component of your signal have a lesser accuracy/stability
  4. Fixed +/-10V range - limits your input signal resolution to just 4.8mV

Anyway, you would connect your mic to input channel of signal conditioner, then connect corresponding output channel to Analog Input of DAQ (BNC outer to GND and BNC inner to AI channel) and do power your signal conditioner from same power source (computer or laptop) to avoid ground loops.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 4
(776 Views)

@santo_13 Many thanks for the help and the reply. I'm highly inexperienced as you realize. I have SCB-68A in the lab but I use a laptop. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(734 Views)

Line In of our soundcard would be a better choice, however would need a pistophone to get your chain calibrated.

But the 1704 has a buildin gain (output can provide some volt output), so beware not to fry it.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(701 Views)