LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AxioCam MRm Zeiss driver

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to control the AxioCam MRm from Zeiss (which probably is a non conventional firewire camera)...

I contacted Zeiss and they are not willing to give me any advice concerning LabVIEW.

Therefore, my question is:

-Has someone already tried to control it? if yes, how did you do?

Thanks far all,

j

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(12,267 Views)

Hi, 

Your camera have to be DCAM compliant to work properly with our driver.I've been looking at the product website for you camera, but I haven't been able to find where they list what format the camera complies with, or if it is IIDC (DCAM) compliant.

For my part, I think that it looks like the camera is not DCAM-compliant but you can nevertheless take a look at this KB, this outlines the troubleshooting steps to take and the specifications to check to make sure that you camera is supported.

Regards,

Steve M.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(12,249 Views)

Any luck? I need to control the Axiocam with Labview as well (or interface Labview to Axiovision so I can use the live video feed in Labview)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(10,991 Views)

Hi,

I've the same problem: how to control the Zeiss Axiocam camera with Labview.

It's a firewire camera, with the Vision module, is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Sébastien

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(10,742 Views)

Hi CIML,

You actualy won't need a particular driver for the Axiocam camera. Assuming that the camera is compliant with the IIDC/DCAM specification then you can use our NI-IMAQdx drivers to interface with your camera. These drivers are included in the Vision Acquisition Software bundle.

I've also linked several tutorial articles below that are great resources when you are first getting started with setting up your firewire camera. I hope this helps, have a great day!

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C2F87C32F5627A0A862569E5006C17C4?OpenDocument

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/2977

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(10,714 Views)

Finally, the camera has a PCI card which is not recognized by Ni-MAX...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(10,709 Views)

Zeiss has a SDK for the MRM that they will kindly share if you request it...  They were incredibly helpful getting Labview to work with the MR2 and currently with the MR3.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(10,524 Views)

Hi,

thanks for this good new.

Do you have an email address to contact them please?

Sébastien

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(10,511 Views)
Call the Zeiss service center and they can connect you with the people in Germany who have it.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(10,492 Views)

Hi,

I have the SDK from Zeiss, and am having trouble getting it to initialize.  I only ever recieve error 2 when I run 'Mcamm Init' or 'Mcam Init' and error 1 when I run 'Mcam Get Number of Cameras' (both indicating that AxioCam did not initialize).  The AxioVision application runs just fine.  I'm using the 64-bit DLL with Windows 7 x64 and Labview 2013-64 bit.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(10,365 Views)