cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Averaging data points

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

My setup is run by labview and would like to reduce the noise associated with my data by taking more averages.

I'd like to have the average data points and taking the average of them and record only the average simultaneously as the experiment is

proceeding. E.g.. My experiment is voltage vs. field. For each field, I want three voltage readings and the software should calculate the average and then

register the average in the data file. The reason why I don't repeat the measurement is that it would take a while to do it in this way.

Can you advise how to do this with labview. 

Many thanks

Islam means peace
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,251 Views)

There is a "Mean" function on the palettes under Mathematics then Prob &Stat.  That, or you could just add the 3 values together and divide by 3.

Where are you stuck?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,245 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I attahced a code that similar to the one I use except that the there are two random number generators to mimic voltage vs

field measurement. Can you show me how to do the average of three points in each iteration.

Many thanks

Islam means peace
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,222 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hadiq

Hi Hadiq,

Take a look at the attached vi. I think this will solve your problem. This takes the avg of 3 simultaneous values from a random number array and logs it into the txt file as you needed.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give kudos to good Answers, Mark it as a solution if your problem is Sloved;))

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,199 Views)

Many thanks Nitzz for your help. 

Islam means peace
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,184 Views)