LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoscale does not Work after set in Defer panel update

I have quite a lot problems with autoscaling of XY-Graphs when using DeferPanelUpdates. Setting Autoscale to True via property node does only change the scale when DeferPanelUpdate is set to False.  If DeferPanelUpdate is True setting Autoscale to True via property node does even have no effect after DeferPanelUpdate is set to False again.  -> I found hints that it is a known bug and found some work arrounds.

Now I isolated an even more anoying issue.  (Labview 2009 environment)

After setting XScale.Scalefit =2 while DeferPanelUpdate = True I switch DeferPanelUpdate to False. Now I use a linked property node to write a value to the graph. Although Autoscale is set True and DeferPanelUpdate is False. the new graph is not scaled correctly when it is inside a cluster.

Since my application is quite complex and handles more than 100 graph objects I attached a simple code example to track that down.

To reproduce the error do the follwing actions:

1) Hit 'Init Graph'  to display two graphs.

2) Set 'Def Panel Upd' to true, this just tells the code to use DefePanelUpdate=True while setting the scale properties.

3) Select Zoom out tool. Zoom out for the large graph. With mouse up event scale properties are set for the clustered small Graph.

5) Hit Autoscale now, for both graphs  XScale.Scalefit =2 is set. while defer panel update is active. Then defer panel update is set to false. No scaling happens anyway, This is the first Bug described.

5) Hit 'Init Graph'  again.

6) See the second error, Large graph is scaled, small one inside the cluster is not.

Am I right to call this two bugs? Can anybody recommend work arrounds besides 'Do not use DeferPanelUpdate' which does make the program dammed slow. Is there a fix planned / available ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,442 Views)

Hello,

I checked your program and could find a solution, so you are able to use DeferPanelUpdate and the property nodes for autoscaling.

There are some general  issues to know about property nodes. It's useful to initalize the property nodes before the while loop is starting.

In general a reference connection has to be established and closed both for the VI and the panel.

In the sequence autoscale I changed the order of the propertynodes. First node is related to the DeferPanelUpdate with the control at the frontpanel.

Second node is the DeferPanelUpdate with a false constant. 3rd and 4th nodes are the x-scales properties. This nodes has to have the index 1 instead of 2 so autoscaling with DeferPanelUpdate is working properly.

I attached the ErrorTest.vi with the corrected value case.

Best regards,

Rupert Donauer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,291 Views)