LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoscale Y only over displayed range when zoom X axis

When a graph is zoomed over only its X axis, the Y range retains its values for the entire data range.  I'd like the Y range to be adjusted and scaled for only those Y values now plotted on the zoomed graph.  Is it possible to have this happen automatically without resorting to code to accomplish it ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,342 Views)

Good Morning SteveP,

The Y-axis will automatically zoom to the data that is currently displayed if you use the X Scrollbar to select what you view.

To display the X Scrollbar, right-click on your graph, select Visible Items»X Scrollbar.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,317 Views)
Is this related to an XY graph?

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,315 Views)
What is your LabVIEW version?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,313 Views)

The Y Scale will auto-scale when the X ScrollBar is used to scroll the X axis of an already zoomed Graph.  It does not autoscale if an XY Graph is used instead.  Is there a fundamental reason this does not happen for an XY Graph ?  None the less, the X ScrollBar does not allow the X axis limits to be selected.  It mearly scrolls the already zoomed and fixed X axis range.  The Graph Pallete allows the X axis zoom limits to be chosen by use of its zoom-X-axis only control.

I would like this behavior for an XY Graph.

LabVIEW 8.6.1

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,306 Views)

I asked NI about this then I had some problem and was using 7.0. The message was that this was not a bug. So then you use autoscale Y on a XY graph it uses the full range to calculate the scale settings. I some sort of fixed this way. This is perhaps fixed in later versions

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,300 Views)

Good Morning Steve,

As you have likely determined, this is not built-in behavior of the XY Graph.  However, the code needed to make it bahave as you wish isn't too tricky.  I attached a basic example which I think makes the XY Graph act the way you intend for it to.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,271 Views)