LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Refnum Error 2146959355 "Still unclear"

(Error 2146959355 Automation Refnum)

I have looked through the forum and have found several answers to this problem but I’m still unclear.

My application was written on a PC with XP Office 2003 & LV8.0 . I want save this as an executable file on a PC with Windows 2000 & Office 97. It would be nice to install LV8 on the host computer but this is not possible due to licence availability. I don’t have report generation installed so I have created my own Excel file report creation Vi and this works fine on the originator PC, but on the host there is the problem with Office compatibility. I know that when you are installing report generation you can set the version of office you want the Active X to associate with. Is the answer something as awkward as installing Office 2003 or XP on the host computer?

If anybody can help me i would be most greatful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,461 Views)
The object model between Office 97 and Office 2003 are different. This is a frequent problem that occurs when trying to automate Excel, and is not specific to LabVIEW. Blame Microsoft. Since you wrote your own Excel file report creation VIs, then you can either try to figure out how to handle both (probably not possible since you will likely get broken code with the ActiveX stuff), or simply install Office 2003 on the other PC.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,457 Views)