LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically saving a generated file from webpage to another repository

Hi Forum,

This is my scenario. I am using the internet toolkit to interact with a URL. After my interaction that consists of changing radio buttons values, string field value and submitting the page again, a link to a file is generated in the webpage. This file is accessed when the link to it in the page is available.

Now, I want to avoid the button click from the user and just plainly use this link to download this file to a destination in a local PC.

Is there a way to do this? I was able to accomplish this using FTP in the past but the product I am working now does not support FTP.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,838 Views)

Hello JoseRivero

I hope everything is fine. Just to understand the code you are using at this moment could you upload the code?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,804 Views)

Hi, sorry, I know my question was not the best. I coded assuming the product I work with supports FTP, but turns out it does not.

With that, this is the scenario. I can interact wih a product through a webpage (filling fields, clicking buttons, etc in the webpage using LabVIEW). Once the data of interest is available in the product memory, it shows a hyperlink in the webpage I can click and from there get the dialog box, save the data as.....

I am trying to automate this instance of clicking the link and browsing in the PC to the desired folder location for saving.

I guess I am limited by the interface the product supports, but is there a way that LabVIEW can do this backstage?

Just a thought...

Thanks

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,763 Views)

Hi

I was looking for something similar and I find this:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-do-i-get-data-from-a-website/td-p/874838

Review the information mentioned in that forum I hope that will be useful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,746 Views)