LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Ignore All Missing Files During VI Startup

I was curious if an executable parameter or a line in the Labview data file would allow me to do the following:

Presently if I start a project, it searches for dependencies. If it is missing any, it continues on its own and ultimately lunches the project.

Previously in Labview 2016 when I opened my "Main" vi only without the project, it would do the same. I should note that the missing files still allowed the Main vi to run. With the same project in Labview 2019, it now halts on a missing file and I have to choose ignore or ignore all for it to continue on to where it will launch and I can run my Main vi.

I can't remove the files because this project is used in many instances, some where those missing files are present and relied upon during runtime.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,726 Views)

To be honest, your request raises red flags for me. I would never want a project to ignore missing files. If there are missing files something is wrong with the project and I should not rely on proper operation. If you are using projects in multiple places where files should exist in some but not others, then I would say that there is something that is not right with how things are organized. Reuse code should should be in libraries. Each environment which is different should have a project that reflects that environment and include all the necessary dependencies. If you find that you are loading too many unnecessary dependencies than your libraries, classes are not defined properly and they should be refactored.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,708 Views)