From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Syringe Pump using pH Probe Input

I am completely new to LabVIEW, have very little programming experience, and need some assistance or points in the right direction. I am creating an automated loop that utilizes a bluetooth-connected pH probe (Go Direct® pH Sensor - Vernier) to provide a real-time pH value in LabVIEW. Depending on this value, i.e. if the live pH dips below 7.2, the program will trigger an Alladin Syringe pump (SyringePump.com: NE-4000 Programmable 2 Channel Syringe Pump) to administer a specific volume of pH buffer fluid, bringing the pH back to 7.2. No drivers are needed for the syringe pump. I believe a driver may be needed for the pH probe. 

Any help would be highly appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(842 Views)

First, you need to know the format in which your pH probe sends data over Bluetooth. 

LabVIEW comes with a Bluetooth palette, you could leverage it,

santo_13_0-1642876238074.png

Next, your Syringe Pump has an RS232 port, you can connect it to the computer using a USB-RS232 cable, check if they supply any LabVIEW driver, if not, once you understand the commands you need to use, you can develop your own driver - this is a good article to understand VISA communication https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/VIWeek_2020/Proper_way_to_communicate_over_serial

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(823 Views)

I just send you an email with all details for our system.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(788 Views)