LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-zero a set of load sensors

Hello!

I'm new to labview and I have a question in a code.

I'm working with a set of 8 force sensors that are connected to two Phidgets bridges working in parallel. In my code (which has a confusing organization) I have the system start the bridges, check the serial number and the channels, measure the voltage value of each channel to which each sensor is connected and save the data.
I have a part of the code placed above where I "tare" the sensor 1. My question is, how can I apply this to the 8 sensors?

Attached i sent the labview VI and a print-screen of the code to tare the sensor.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you,

Rita

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,272 Views)

You sure have a lot of duplicate code! read the sensors in a FOR loop and operate on an array of 8 values. Keep an array of 8 references values in an array shift register to tare. Your code will shrink to ~10% keeping the same functionality.

All (or most of) your controls and indicators should be arrays (Device info, gain, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,239 Views)

But I want that the 2 bridges work in paralel , so i need to make 2 arrays each one with 4 sensors?
Can you show me an exemple in how to use the array of 8 values in same VI and obtain an output in an array? (I dont know if you understand but i dont know how to explain better, sorry )

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,218 Views)

For exemple, I have a device info of 4 sensors and I want to start the voltage reading for that 4 sensors using the VI "VoltageRatioInputStart". How can I do that with the arrays intead of using 4 times the same VI ? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,216 Views)