LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto detect cRIO and modules

I have a cRIO-9053 with 2x 9205 and 1x 9403. 4th slot is empty. I am trying to write a VI that can detect the chassis and the modules. I started with System Configuration palette and wrote a VI. It does seem to pull in the chassis and modules. I am attaching the VI, and screenshots of the FP, and Block diagram.

Capture2.PNG

I have 2 questions

- Why is the chassis repeated? The NI KB says if there were previous modules connected it may show up. But I have used "Is Present" property node and using that to conditionally bundle up the product names. So, I don't understand this. 

- If I had 2x cRIOs connected, and each had its own modules - How would I associate the modules back to the cRIO. I tried all the property nodes and couldn't figure it out.

I also found some property nodes don't work. "Is NI?" which is supposed to return if the hardware is from NI, is F for all the modules. It's T only for cRIO chassis.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,027 Views)

You don't specify a detailed filter so the enumeration will also return resources like network interfaces and serial ports etc. Try to select one or more extra property that give you information about the resource type to see what they refer too. Especially the chassis itself has of course also a network interface and 2 USB ports, of whose port 1 is also a console out serial port.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,010 Views)