LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Clean Up Wire does not work well

Solved!
Go to solution

Auto Clean Up(CTL+U)is very useful, but in some case this function seems a little strange.

1\When I select nothing of the diagram(clean up the whole diagram by labview's default settings),and press CTL+U, it does not work , no any movement of the diagram. I know some parts of the diagram must move if the Auto Clean Up works, but it didnot .

2\When I select parts of the diagrams, for example ,there are 3 WHILE loop , and I choose one(click the WHILE loop's edge line) , the select part can do Auto Clean Up,but other 2 WHILE loops become a little in a mass and become worse. For this reason , I can not finish solving one problem only to find another cropping up.

3\ In some case , though my VI seems out of order, it can run, after I press CTL+U,things become even worse, some error appear ,the VI can not run .

Is there an detailed instruction of the use of CTL+U?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,564 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alii001

@alii001 wrote:

Auto Clean Up(CTL+U)is very useful, but in some case this function seems a little strange.

1\When I select nothing of the diagram(clean up the whole diagram by labview's default settings),and press CTL+U, it does not work , no any movement of the diagram. I know some parts of the diagram must move if the Auto Clean Up works, but it didnot .

2\When I select parts of the diagrams, for example ,there are 3 WHILE loop , and I choose one(click the WHILE loop's edge line) , the select part can do Auto Clean Up,but other 2 WHILE loops become a little in a mass and become worse. For this reason , I can not finish solving one problem only to find another cropping up.

3\ In some case , though my VI seems out of order, it can run, after I press CTL+U,things become even worse, some error appear ,the VI can not run .

Is there an detailed instruction of the use of CTL+U?

Well, the usual detailed instruction is: don't use it.  Instead, learn to lay out your VI in a readable way in the first place.  I always say, "If your block diagram looks nicer after using the cleanup tool, you're not doing it right".

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,536 Views)

There are still problems for me to properly use LaBVIEW about the CleanUP function.see the flash above and below

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,479 Views)