From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio playback from within a state machine without halting execution

Solved!
Go to solution
I have created a state machine that acquires and analyzes an input signal and transitions states based on triggers detected within that signal.  In one particular state I need to play back a prerecorded file (right now I am just using a .wav file for testing purposes).  I understand that due to the data flow model the state machine hangs up during the playback state until the playback is finished, but I need to find someway around this.  Obviously, whenever the machine hangs up it cannot continue acquiring and analyzing the signal.  How can I start the playback from within the state machine without halting its execution?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,765 Views)

which labview version do you use

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,763 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,760 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wshato
Do you use the sound output VIs? If you do, try this. On the "Play Sound File VI" set the timeout value=0

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 4 of 5
(2,756 Views)
Thank you.  I was not using that particular vi.  I switched and now everything works perfectly.  Greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,749 Views)