LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio playback from within a state machine without halting execution

Solved!
Go to solution
I have created a state machine that acquires and analyzes an input signal and transitions states based on triggers detected within that signal.  In one particular state I need to play back a prerecorded file (right now I am just using a .wav file for testing purposes).  I understand that due to the data flow model the state machine hangs up during the playback state until the playback is finished, but I need to find someway around this.  Obviously, whenever the machine hangs up it cannot continue acquiring and analyzing the signal.  How can I start the playback from within the state machine without halting its execution?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,769 Views)

which labview version do you use

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,767 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,764 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wshato
Do you use the sound output VIs? If you do, try this. On the "Play Sound File VI" set the timeout value=0

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 4 of 5
(2,760 Views)
Thank you.  I was not using that particular vi.  I switched and now everything works perfectly.  Greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,753 Views)