LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attitude Indicator

I want to use the attitude indicator as display for my sensor.My sensor generates values as it is tilted to X and Y axis.I have values for X and value for Y. I looked at the attitude indicator and it has just one input terminal.I thought it will have two input terminals-One for roll and the other input for pitch as it measures roll and pitch. Please,does anybody know how to configure the attitude indicator so that it can move in response to the tilting of my sensor?? Please,immediate answer will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Dozzy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,375 Views)
Is it the atitude indicator from the robotics module, or a different one? The one in the robotics module handles roll and pitch, although I haven't used it before. What is the datatype of the control you're using? Have you checked properties and methods to see if maybe roll is set via a property not the terminal?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,361 Views)

Yes,it is the one in robotics module.My sensor is dual axis inclinometer which measure roll and tilt.I want to use the attitude indicator as my sensors display.my data are in milivolts and they change depending on the level of tilt experienced by the inclinometer.I could not find the properties attitude indicator to see how it is beng configured.That's why i am looking for help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,357 Views)

@Dozzy wrote:

Yes,it is the one in robotics module.My sensor is dual axis inclinometer which measure roll and tilt.I want to use the attitude indicator as my sensors display.my data are in milivolts and they change depending on the level of tilt experienced by the inclinometer.I could not find the properties attitude indicator to see how it is beng configured.That's why i am looking for help.

You didn't answer my question about the datatype of the control? Is it a cluster, a scalar, an array, etc?

Here is a link on creating property and invoke nodes. This is very basic in LabVIEW programming so I'm assuming you're learning. I suggest taking a look at these 3 and 6 hour tutorials

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,354 Views)

The attitude indicator in the Robotics module takes a cluster of roll and pitch.  There's no need to use a property node for basic operation.  (The property node can be used to change colors, fonts, and other drawing settings.)

If you are unsure how to use a cluster in LabVIEW, I'd highly recommend the LabVIEW tutorials mentioned above.

Message 5 of 7
(3,326 Views)

Hello,

I have attached my Vi here.All I want to do is to connect X axis tilt(volts) and Y axis tilt(volts) to the attitude indicator.I have gone through the tutorial but my problem is that I don't know to get an array of dynamic data. My data will be changing as a result of tilting of the sensor and i want the attitude indicator to respond to the movement of my sensor.

Please I really need urgent assistance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,292 Views)

Why would you want to create an array of dynamic data. You were told that you need to use a cluster. Convert your dynamic data to a scalar with the Convert From Dynamic Data function and select single scalar. Wire both of these values to the Bundle function.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,279 Views)