LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to connect to Bluetooth device

Hello all,

I have limited (read "no") experience with attempting to connect to Bluetooth devices using Labview.  What I have here is a pulse oximeter (Nonin 9560) that measures a patients pulse ox and heart rate.  This data is transmitted via Bluetooth. 

So, I am not really clear on how exactly to connect this device.  I am able to search for and discover the device using the "Bluetooth Discover" VI.  This properly returns the address of the device.  I have even been able to "Bluetooth RFCOMM Search Discovery" VI to obtain a UUID using the address obtained from the discover function.  However, even with all of this information, I have been unable to use the "Bluetooth Open Connection" to open a connection to the device with this information.  The connect function simply returned error 54 - an ill-formed address.

On the hardware side, I am using a Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth Adapter on a Dell Lattitude E6320 using Labview 2012.  Any help or suggestions would be useful.

Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,562 Views)

Hi Matt, 

If you haven't already, I would recommend checking out the Bluetooth examples included with LabVIEW as they can be a good place to begin.

If you have seen the examples, double check that your system has all of the requirements necessary for Bluetooth communication in LabVIEW: Requirements for Using Bluetooth with LabVIEW

This guide might also provide some useful information to help you get started: How Do I Make a Bluetooth Device Work with LabVIEW?

Best regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,517 Views)