From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempt to Open or Create TDMS file gives error -2501

This is an odd one:

I don't know what's causing this, but when trying to open or create a tdms file I'm getting the -2501 error. The file name I'm using worked before, but if i hit the stop button, I can no longer use that file name. If I change one letter in the file name it works fine until I stop the program from running, and then I start getting the error again. 

Speaks is Perplexed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(4,111 Views)

Sorry, make that -2503

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(4,087 Views)

Is it possible to upload your TDMS file here and we can take a look and try to find out the root cause?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(4,030 Views)

I fixed it, it wasn't a file read issue; I was setting up to write to files. On the TDMS open vi for operation I had it set to "open or create". I changed it to "create or replace" and it works fine now. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(3,941 Views)

OK, I lied. In order to get multiple lines of data it has to be set for open or create.

I'm attaching the TDMS file as you requested, but I had to change the file extension to .txt because this forum wouldn't accept .tdms

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. It was working before, all I changed was the file name format. I had a strip path in line before, but I don't know why that would make a difference. When I put a constant in as the file name it works fine.

Save Speaks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(3,927 Views)

I'm also attaching the first VI that worked, and the revsion that doesn't. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(3,921 Views)

I couldn't open the VIs you attached, it seems some controls are missed. Maybe you can try to upload your TDMS file by using NI FTP: ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming

And please reply with the file name when you upload and we'll take a  look at the file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(3,890 Views)

how do I upload to it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(3,854 Views)

how do I upload to it? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(3,853 Views)

@Speaks wrote:

how do I upload to it? 

Copy that address in to your Windows explorer and it will show up like a normal folder directory would.

Edit: I dropped my own random file in there to test it out and it uploaded... but now I can't delete it or open it. Sorry for taking up your server space, NI! Smiley Very Happy

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(3,847 Views)