LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atribute name 'Package' does not exist when installing Database Connectivity Toolkit

System runs 32-bit LabVIEW 2018 SP1 on a 64-bit host, with Full Development and Database Connectivy licenses. Trying to install the Database Connectivity Toolkit (ni-labview-2019-database-toolkit-x86_19.0_online.exe) results in this error:  "Attribute name 'Package' does not exist". Please see the attached screenshot for details.

Is there a work around?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,624 Views)

geffree, is there a reason you're trying to install the LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolkit 2019 in a system running LabVIEW 2018?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Package Manager throws an error because LabVIEW 2019 is not installed...

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,573 Views)

I tried to install Database Connectivity Toolkit 2019 on labVIEW 2018 because this is the only one available for me to download. But you should know that I also tried to install directly through NI Package Manager which fails the exact same way and with the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,561 Views)

Hello geffree,

The Database Connectivity Toolkit 2019 is just compatible with LabVIEW 2019, per its readme. You should be able to download the 2018 version from here. Make sure you are logged in with your account, and that it has registered your serial number with the service program. Reach out to support if you have problems with this step.

Additionally, if you already installed LabVIEW Professional 2018, you should already have installed the Database Connectivity Toolkit 2018 with it. You can check it with these methods: Determine the Version of the NI Software Installed on My Computer.

All the best,

Message 4 of 7
(2,556 Views)

I did install the Database Connectivity Toolkit 2018 with LabVIEW 2018. While I had a full development license for LabVIEW 2018, I did not have a license for the Database Connectivity Toolkit 2018.

I received a LabVIEW 2019 and Database Connectivity Toolkit 2019 license today.

From the readme you pointed to me, it seems like I need to uninstall LabVIEW 2018 to install 2019.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,547 Views)

geffree,

Have you already tried activating the 2018 version with your license? I recommend doing this test before having to modify your NI software from the machine and installing a new version (especially if your current setup was working correctly).

[In any case, having an updated version is always a good idea Robot Happy]

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,541 Views)

Oscar,

I tried activating my 2019 license on a 2018 installation with no success. I found my SSP (Standard Service Program) code, so I will install 2016 components instead, especially after experiencing versioning and licensing issues. Anyway my previous automated tests where developed with 2016. 

BTW will the 2019 license work with LabVIEW 2016 and Database Connectivity 2016?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,510 Views)