From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asymmetrical waveform measurement

Hi,

I am working with asymmetrical waveform measurement, I'n using NI 5114 Scope, using scope I'm measuring asymmetrical waveform, I can measure the Vpp, but I want to measure Vp of the falling edge, trying to use cursor, please find attached VI (waveform cntl) and image for more information.

My requirement is, no user interaction, all measurement must be automatic.,  

Any Idea is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi

Ravikumar.C
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,315 Views)

Not sure what you exactly want to measure. Your screenshot defines the falling edge as Vpp and you state that you are able to measure that, but at the same time you are asking how to measure... the falling edge Vp. Can you tell what value (or values) and eventual relative calculations you are looking for? Please give us numerical values (like 8.2 mV) using the following screenshot.

billede.png

Message 2 of 4
(2,275 Views)

Yes,

I want to measure 8.2mV.

Ravikumar.C
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,269 Views)

A simple way to achieve what you want is to differentiate your signal. The result will show high positive peak at the location of the rising edge and high negative peak at the location of the falling edge. If you then search your array for the negative peak it will give you the index at which to find your sample (8.2 mV) in your original signal. See attached concept.

Message 4 of 4
(2,263 Views)