From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of 2 signals with different scaling on a curve diagram, LV 6.1

Hi there,

how is it possible to assign 2 signals with different Y-scaling on the Y-axis in curve digram?

I´m using for this old projekt LV6.1

In LV7.1 it is possible over the properties of the graph -> Plot-> Y-axis.

Need help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,515 Views)
I don't think this is possible in LV6.1. Probably the best thing you can do is work around it by dividing one dataset by a suitable number and then making the scale on the right side yourself. This is easy if you have a fixed Y scaling. If you have automatic Y scaling, this can be "followed" automatically by calculating from the YScale.Increment property, moving string indicators around programatically etc., but it will be a lot of work.

Martin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,510 Views)
You have the ability to create a different scale in 6.1. Just right click the axis your wnat to duplicatre and select Duplicate Scale. You can then select the scale you just created and do a Swap Sides if you wish. You assign which plot goes to which scale by clicking the plot legend and then either the x or y scale (depending on which one you duplicated). When you pick the axis, both scales should be available for selection.
Message 3 of 5
(2,504 Views)
Yes, thanks alot.

I´ve solved it already by right click on the axis legend.

Ugly problem with easy solution....!

Thanx!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,498 Views)
Embarrassing... I should have known that... I'll just console myself that being corrected by Dennis is less embarrassing 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,490 Views)