From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Filenames of Images

Solved!
Go to solution

Here is my current VI...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,227 Views)

It's error with WriteBMPFile cause you are deallocating (IMAQ Dispose) the Image inside the Aquisition Loop before save it.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,210 Views)

How should I fix that?  I need to dispose of the images at some point right?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,206 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Max_2013

If there isn't before ... should be after, agree? 😄   

Message 14 of 20
(1,203 Views)

Hmm, still not working.  Absolutely no files show up.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,195 Views)

Sry, i had make one mistake. Image updated in previous post.

Look  two attached examples. Both still working.

'm using IMAQdx Functions instead.

Download All
Message 16 of 20
(1,187 Views)

I really appreciate your help!

Something pretty frustrating has just happened.  I wired an error message to the save BMP portion and noticed that the BMP selection resulted in an "invalid image type" error.  Can I not save my image as a BMP?!  That seems rather odd. 

So I decided to select PNG instead.  I actually named the file that I was saving as *.bmp, and checked my folder to see what happened.  It was a BMP image (hurray?), but I have a feeling that it is not a raw BMP.  Does selecting PNG and then writing .bmp compress the image and lose data or something?

And, any help regarding using write to file to actually save a BMP.

The rest of the code is working perfectly!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,158 Views)

Functions: IMAQ ColorImageToArray, Flatten Pixmap and Write BMP File

Message 18 of 20
(1,143 Views)

Ok, so I just realized the a 24 bit is probably unecessary.  I am working with grayscale images from a 12bit camera.  The images go straight to 16 bit, but the read in BMP VI does not support 16-bit.  How can I work with the arrays of these 16 bit images, also how can I save them as 16bit in the first place?

The code I wrote to work with the arrays is for 24 bit images.  So if there is an easy way to get the image to 24 bits in the first place I guess I could do that.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,130 Views)

I think should be better consider force a "typecast " with IMAQ CastImageType Function to U16 (If need) and use PNG format and write into file using IMAQ WriteFile2 Function. U can swap the extensions (Putting bmp instead png) in filepath (Works as the same)... consider this like a pseudo-workaround 😄

I found it inside Read BMP File Header.vi . Labview cannot handle 16 bits BMP. Even using Vision Toolkit (Always throws an error in Write BMP File)

Message 20 of 20
(1,105 Views)