LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artificial horizon

I am trying to program an artificial horizon to be used in an experimental aircraft. How do I do this???? Are there any samples or references to this subject on the net or other places???

Thanks

Sjur
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,991 Views)
Someone else suggested this in another post.
http://www.globalmajic.com

Philip
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,989 Views)
I'm no pilot, but a crude way of doing this is to use a LabView gauge indicator with multiple needles. Do the math to make the needles always point in opposite directions.
Run the attached LabView 6.1 example and play with the stick.
Message 3 of 15
(5,993 Views)

Hi, I am also trying to find an artificial horizon and have also posted on a few forums. Have you had any success and if so could I have the instrument?

thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,858 Views)

This thread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=14&jump=true

shows you how to use the Picture control.

Altenbach "rotate image" example can be used as a start.

If this work for you, please post your final solution and I will link your solution into that collection.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 15
(5,837 Views)

Very nice..

Thanks Ben!

Message 6 of 15
(5,830 Views)
A search for "horizon" in this forum gives this most interesting example, still waiting for a bunch of 5 stars...

Correction :
Andrew, since you already found this example, can you explain in more details what you were searching for ?

Correction 2 :
Just in case you had some difficulties opening the Macintosh example file (I forgot the .vi extension), here is a window version

Message Edité par chilly charly le 03-27-2006 05:20 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 7 of 15
(5,816 Views)

Thanks CC,

I was wondering wher that idea came from!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 15
(5,805 Views)

@chilly charly wrote:
A search for "horizon" in this forum gives this most interesting example, still waiting for a bunch of 5 stars...

CC,

Yes...  you deserve multiple *****. 

we'll have to work on that... 

Unfortunately, multiple 5-star assignments do not increase the overall count.. only improves avg.  (yes.. you mentionned that before) 😉

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 03-27-2006 11:28 AM

Message 9 of 15
(5,800 Views)

JoeLabView a écrit: "...Unfortunately, multiple 5-star assignments do not increase the overall count.. only improves avg.  (yes.. you mentionned that before)"

Wrong ! That's the reverse !
JLV, I can see that you didn't improve your attention since the time when you sent crawling worms to the North of France, while I'm living in the South (see the post date...)  😛 😄  Anyway, merci pour les étoiles !

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 10 of 15
(5,787 Views)