LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array values not replaced with each run of program

I am currently having trouble getting the program I have attached to output into the arrays new values everytime the textfiles are replaced. Everytime I open my program, it would read in the new textfiles created by the program with no problems, but the second time I run my program even if I delete the old textfile the arrays on my front panel would show me the same ones obtained in the previous run instead of the values obtained during the most recent run. The idea of my project is to run the program twice so it can obtain two different sets of data base on external manipulation of the signal before it is read into labview. The version of labview I am using is 8.6. there is a circuit board attached to the NI elvis board which is used to obtain my signals.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,914 Views)
Without seeing your VI, we can only hazard a guess.  My guess is that you have uninitialized shift registers.  They retain the data between calls to the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,913 Views)
I forgot to attach a picture of my VI. I will do that tomorrow since I don't have access to the program at the moment.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,904 Views)
The actual VI is better as it gives us a chance to play with it, or see anything such as hidden settings to a function that don't show up on a screenshot.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,893 Views)

I have attached the VI to this message.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,874 Views)

Ravens was right. Right click on these shift registers and Create > Constant, and put a zero in the first value.

Also, you realize you have Bundles that are not doing anything? Also, put a 50mS time delay in those loops waiting for the Go buttons - otherwise you are hogging CPU resources for nothing.

Message Edited by Broken Arrow on 04-26-2010 11:59 AM
Richard

Message 6 of 6
(2,868 Views)