LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of queues

I've attached the program as a .zip. the test exec loop runs most of the commands to choose what to write over the write queue.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(360 Views)

As a first step, I'd suggest trying to cut down the block diagram size of your "Test Execution v2" VI (I think this is the one you mentioned, regarding the queues).

It's pretty hard to see what's going on because there are so many nested cases etc, and the diagram is difficult to shrink because some of the cases contain a series of Enqueue Elements (although the comments on the block diagram do at least give guidance with sufficient moving of the screen, so that's good).

Maybe you could create a subVI containing these Enqueues (or use an array of commands and variant data and a For loop) to make it a bit smaller and easier to read over.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(329 Views)

OK i'll try to shrink it down a bit in that VI. Yea most of the handling of the queues is in that VI.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(323 Views)

For you having already created the project you attached, I'm sure this is already obvious, but this is what I meant re the For loop:

alternative.png

Of course you'd be able to tidy the wires once you removed them from the existing Enqueues.

If you prefer having them closer to the commands (because here the data isn't clearly aligned with the command) then the subVI is probably the better approach (and easier, since you just select with a box and choose to create a subVI, then fix the wires that get scripted into strange terminals on the con-pane).

In this specific case, I might be tempted to pass two arrays of "data" into the loop and remove all the Start Wait commands from the input array of commands, then have two Enqueue Elements within the For loop... hmm... 😕

2alternative.png

GCentral
Message 14 of 14
(318 Views)