From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of clusters and in the cluster is a bar meter, how can I change the color individually?

Solved!
Go to solution

Array of clusters and in the cluster is a bar meter, how can I change the color of the bar meter individually for each element of the array?  I have just figured out that you can't change properties of one element of the array without all elements changing.  For the scaling I had to make numeric indicators for each tick of the scale so that each bar meter in the clustered array would have individual scales.  I also had to do some math to scale each barmeter to display correct proportions from 0 to 100%.  Now I'm stumped on the color of the bar meter.  Basically, if the value goes over a setpoint, the bar meter needs to turn red.  It has to be in an array to be infinitely scalable.

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,826 Views)

You can't do that-

without a little trick.

You could consider laying a custom color box over the bar graph in the cluster you can set the color based on the value of the bar graph or even make a "Pseudo"- bar graph using a series of color boxes stacked to look lie a bar and changing values of the Color boxs from empty to full to red.

Here is an example to demonstrate

Pseudo bar.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,823 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mattjk

And yet anothr approach...

right-click the bar >>> Fill Options >>> Fill to maximum.

Bar.png

Color the fill the same color as the background color then make the background color transparent.

Drop a color box BEHIND the bar and size correctly.

It has this weird 3D background with flat bar, but what the hey, its close. If its important a customized color box.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,806 Views)

This is a good idea Ben, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,789 Views)