LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of clusters and in the cluster is a bar meter, how can I change the color individually?

Solved!
Go to solution

Array of clusters and in the cluster is a bar meter, how can I change the color of the bar meter individually for each element of the array?  I have just figured out that you can't change properties of one element of the array without all elements changing.  For the scaling I had to make numeric indicators for each tick of the scale so that each bar meter in the clustered array would have individual scales.  I also had to do some math to scale each barmeter to display correct proportions from 0 to 100%.  Now I'm stumped on the color of the bar meter.  Basically, if the value goes over a setpoint, the bar meter needs to turn red.  It has to be in an array to be infinitely scalable.

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,800 Views)

You can't do that-

without a little trick.

You could consider laying a custom color box over the bar graph in the cluster you can set the color based on the value of the bar graph or even make a "Pseudo"- bar graph using a series of color boxes stacked to look lie a bar and changing values of the Color boxs from empty to full to red.

Here is an example to demonstrate

Pseudo bar.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,797 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mattjk

And yet anothr approach...

right-click the bar >>> Fill Options >>> Fill to maximum.

Bar.png

Color the fill the same color as the background color then make the background color transparent.

Drop a color box BEHIND the bar and size correctly.

It has this weird 3D background with flat bar, but what the hey, its close. If its important a customized color box.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,780 Views)

This is a good idea Ben, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,763 Views)