From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of clusters - accessing property nodes

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to access and change the property nodes of specific elements inside of the cluster inside of an array. When I do try to change a property of an individual cluster element ( like color text) it changes that for every cluster inside of the array. Is there a way to do this for only 1 index of the array ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,336 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PatrickMiller

Inside of the array, there is technically only 1 control/indicator.  So changing the color of any element in the array will update all of the elements.  May you could format your data into a table?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,324 Views)

@PatrickMiller wrote:

I'm trying to access and change the property nodes of specific elements inside of the cluster inside of an array. When I do try to change a property of an individual cluster element ( like color text) it changes that for every cluster inside of the array. Is there a way to do this for only 1 index of the array ? 

No. Arrays are special. All the elements properties need to be identical.

There are some tricks you can do. For example, extend a color box in your cluster, each element can have its own color.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,321 Views)

OK, i'll try to convert the array at the end into a table. I would need to convert each cluster element to a string first correct? Then its just a 2D string ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,312 Views)

@PatrickMiller wrote:

OK, i'll try to convert the array at the end into a table. I would need to convert each cluster element to a string first correct? Then its just a 2D string ?

Yep.  In the end, a table is just a 2D Array of Strings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,276 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

@PatrickMiller wrote:

No. Arrays are special. All the elements properties need to be identical.

There are some tricks you can do. For example, extend a color box in your cluster, each element can have its own color.

mcduff

This also worked. I made the test status indicator enum background color to transparent, then added a color box indicator behind it. I could change the color box to green for pass, red for fail etc. It was just another element in the cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,224 Views)