From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of Clustors, Clustor contains XY Graph that isn't showing the data unless clicked on.

Taking measurements and would like to populate each step of the test into an Array of the test steps. This array would include a clustor with the Step, Test ID, Connections, Type, Time (m), and an XY Graph with the data from the measurement that was taken. 

Problem: The test is running, and populating the numerical/string indicator fields, and is also populating the XY graph. But... the data doesn't show up in the XY graph. It's really shifty. 

If I right click on the individual graph, and check/uncheck the auto scale then the data will show up (and then disappear from the graph above...)

I can't get the data to show all of the XY graphs populated as I roll scroll through what has been done. Is this even possible? 

What the Array of Clustors looks like:

Array_of_Clustor_of_XY_Graph.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,579 Views)

Please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs, so that we can better assist you. It's hard to tell what could be going wrong here without seeing what you're doing.

Ideally include some raw data input constants that replicate your issue.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,545 Views)

Hi rkmadse,

general hint: avoid putting graphs into clusters of even array of clusters!

General hint 2: separate data storage (your array of test step clusters) from UI data display. You might just provide an index input for the user so the user can choose which test step to display. Then read the cluster from the array, read the elements of the cluster and display their values in indicators as needed…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 4
(2,533 Views)

Yes, i remember this happening to me when i put graphs in an array, i send a Refresh/redraw after new data to force it to update, that worked well. I don't why solved it like that, i think it was several signals with different scalings.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,531 Views)