From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array from chart

I have chart display made up of realtime values.  I want to create an array made up of these values upon the user's command.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,283 Views)

And what is your question, specifically? The values themselves should be right on the block diagram as the wire that you connected to the chart. Are you trying to save these values to a file? What kind of file? Tab-delimited text file? If so, Write to Spreadsheet File will do that. Are you asking how to respond to events? If so, look in the LabVIEW Help and in the LabVIEW tutorials and in the LabVIEW examples on using the event structure.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,277 Views)

Right-Click the terminal -> Create -> Property Node -> History Data.  This should be the data you are looking for.

"Upon user's command" implies an Event Structure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,267 Views)

That's exactly what I wanted.  Thanks!  No user command is really needed since I'm just testing the controller response.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,256 Views)

I wired the history data to a waveform graph and it shows up as expected.  But when I write it a binary file, it doesn't show up the same.  How to it make the binary data show up as the waveform block shows it?  See attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,221 Views)

@krang wrote:

I wired the history data to a waveform graph and it shows up as expected.  But when I write it a binary file, it doesn't show up the same.  How to it make the binary data show up as the waveform block shows it?  See attached.

Writing a binary file can mean a lot of things.  You'll have to show the code you used, and explain what you want to use to read it.  If I had to take a wild guess I would say that you probably wired straight into 'Write to Binary File' which will by default prepend the array size.  The other program may not be expecting that and be off by four bytes.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,212 Views)