From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array and formula node won't connect

I'm making this to calibrate a pressure transducer measuring deltaP. This VI is for an anemometer. I'm using an anemometer to calibrate the voltage put out by the transducer with the velocity from the anemometer. Two questions, how do I connect the daq assistant to the formula node and formula node to output array? Second, is there a way I can get it to pump out numbers in the array as they come out and not all at once, that way I can see the number and change the fan speed and don't have to set a phone timer to change my fan speed?(the daq assistant has a big ol setup hooked up to it)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,739 Views)

Have you done some of the basic tutorials yet?

• Why do you think connecting dynamic data to a scalar DBL input to a formula node is reasonable?
  • (I have no idea what's in your dynamic data, because I cannot see the DAQ assistant configuration. No drivers installed here)
  • Why do you think a 15 second wait in a FOR loop is reasonable.
  • Why do you think it is reasonable to create an array of dynamic data at the loop boundary?
  • Why are you overlapping controls on the front panel?
  • DeltaP is an array of dynamic data, so why are you connecting a scalar DBL to it?

I think it would help to take a step back and tell is what you are actually trying to do. I am sure there are good and simple solutions. 😄

Also please define all your terms, such as "put out", pump out", "phone timer". How exactly are you changing the settings during run?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,725 Views)

"phone timer" is a countdown timer on his phone, so he can change fan speed by hand 😁

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,650 Views)

Apologies for my commonly used colloquialisms. I thought I did a pretty good job of explaining... How do I get DeltaP to display then? If not an array then what? And yes 'phone timer' is literally a timer on my phone. Can I get it to display results one at a time so I don't require an external timer, the other guy that posted is correct. The 15 seconds is to change fan speed (completely external). The dynamic data is a continuous output of voltages. I'm using that formula to convert voltage into velocity. I want it to output 6 different voltages that relate to different fan speeds. How do I get it to display?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,627 Views)